- Remember: NO SCHOOL on Monday, September 4, 2023 – It’s Labor Day – enjoy your long weekend!
- Street Parking around Bradley: Please be courteous to our neighbors. Do NOT park in or block any driveways. Please do not move trash/recycle bins to park along the street. Remember, student safety is our top priority. Please no u-turns in the middle of the street. Drive cautiously and slowly down Elm Street and around the school. Please just drive around the block again for a legal parking spot – we will not leave your child unattended while you are looking for parking. Thank you for your attention to this! Please help Bradley International to be a good neighbor.
- School Hours: 7:40am students in the classroom. 2:40pm students dismiss. Doors will open at 7:25am. Teachers line students up at 7:35am. Students are late at 8:40 and beyond. Please consider dropping students off around 7:30 to make sure students are on time. ECE families: Doors will close at 7:40am. Please consider being here at 7:30am to assure you are able to sign your student into class.
- Session 1 After School Enrichment Registration is OPEN: We are excited to offer a variety of after-school enrichment programs! All enrichment programs run from 3:00pm-4:00pm. Session 1 dates are the week of September 11 – the week of October 16th. Please send a snack for your child and be prompt for pick up at 4:00 pm. Pick up students at main entrance doors and sign out is required for ALL enrichment classes. Registration CLOSES on Wednesday, September 6 at 3pm.
- University Hills Neighborhood Association Movie Under the Stars is September 8th at 6:00pm. See Movie Night flier for information.
- Lunch Menu: https://www.schoolcafe.com/menus
- PARENT HANDBOOK: 2023-24 Parent Handbook
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
News from Ms. Roller:
- Next week on Thursday, September 7th, we will be conducting a ‘Shelter in Place’ Drill. This will be announced to teachers and students and practiced before hand. The purpose of this drill is to know where to go in case of severe weather outside such as a tornado or hail. We go to the first floor of the building, away from windows and doors with glass. Please talk with your students about the reason for this drill and the importance of practicing what to do in an emergency. We had our first fire drill last week and will have our first Lock Down Drill at the end of September.
- Heat Update: With the cooler weather and the repairs to our systems, Bradley has had a much more comfortable week. Thursday afternoon was warmer in a few of our classrooms, but the overall school temperatures were much better. Teachers of those classrooms where the afternoons have been warmer are also welcome to move their students to cooler parts of the building after notifying the office. It looks like we will have more temperature relief outside after Labor Day.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Fun Run important dates: September 15 @ 8:30 a.m. on the playground join the PTO and school for the Pep Rally! September 29 is the Fun Run day when all students will run the field during their specials time! Check out the PTO Fun Run website for more info!
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR! Our first PTO meeting is Thursday, September 7th, at 3:00 p.m. in the school library. Child care will be provided.
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Save the Date: Bradley’s 1st Dines Out is Monday, September 11th at La Fogata DTC location from 4:00pm-9:00pm. What’s a Dines Out? The PTO finds community restaurants to set up a night for families to enjoy dinner and the PTO earns a percentage of the sales from the evening. What’s the best part? No cooking!! And bonus, you get to have dinner with new and old Bradley friends. We hope to see you there!
- DPS Substance Use Prevention Program Announces Fall Webinar Lineup: The DPS Substance Use Prevention (SUP) Program will continue to host a monthly webinar on the first Wednesday of every month at noon. Webinars will feature experts from the Denver community who will provide attendees with information about relevant issues that youth are facing today.
- Upcoming webinars to save the date for:
- Sept. 6: Supporting Your Child’s Mental Health with Jerrica Cherry, LPC, Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Oct. 4: Youth Substance Use Prevention and Intervention with Dr. Christian Thurstone, Denver Health STEP Team.
- Nov. 1 at noon: Digital Wellness for Youth and Families with Brian Dino, DPS Digital Coach.
Learn more about the webinars listed above and register here.
- Family Village: Family Village wanted us to share this information with our community. Exciting new offering to Denver families! We are called Family Village, and we are Denver’s first location for this innovative community + co-working space with child care on-site. We have contracted to rent out space from Unity Spiritual Center, located on South University between Dartmouth and Yale, close to Bradley International. We will be operating Monday through Friday, during the school day, for parents who have younger children who aren’t ready for school yet (and over school breaks for older kids). We are so excited to be coming to Denver at this important time and in this wonderful location! After spending the summer setting up the beautiful work and child care spaces, we are now open for membership. Please have a look at our website www.familyvillagecoop.com, and reach out if you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour. We are excited to get to know our neighbors, see what we can create together, and discover ways to support each other and Denver families. Thank you so much for helping us get the word out to the parents in your community! We would love to be included in your newsletter or as part of your family resource materials. In Kindness, Heidi Whitehead
- DPS Discount Rockies Tickets: DPS Discount Days are back! We wanted to share more discount offers with your families, students and staff. Please see the information below for an upcoming Colorado Rockies home series: Join us in supporting the Colorado Rockies on Friday, September 29, Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1 as they take on the Minnesota Twins in a three-game series at Coors Field. Tickets start at $12, with $2 from each ticket sold being donated back to the DPS Foundation! Buy your tickets today: Buy | Colorado Rockies Account Manager (ticketmaster.com). You can also visit https://dpsfoundation.org/offers/ for more information on these discounts and other special offers. Any help you can provide in distributing these opportunities would be greatly appreciated.
- Okinawa Karate Dojo: Interested in local karate for kids, check out the flier for Okinawa Karate Dojo HERE
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
September 4 – NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
September 8 – NEW DATE: UHNA Movie Night 6-9:30pm on Bradley Lawn
September 11 – Bradley Dines Out – La Fogata DTC 4:00-9:00pm
September 12 – Lifetouch Individual Student Photos
September 21 – Family Literacy Night
September 22 – NO SCHOOL – District Professional Development Day
September 29 – PTO FUN RUN
October 10 & 11 – Evening Parent Teacher Conferences (3:00-7:00pm)
October 12 – NO SCHOOL – District Professional Development Day
October 13 & 16 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar